Friday, June 1, 2012

Went back out to Stepping Stone Ranch last night to brush and play with Gladys and Sienna.  They were, of course, VERY interested in the apple treats that I brought.  I had a friend with me and we went into the paddock where the two of them are living. 


We put a lead rope on Sienna and I slowly started brushing her.  She didn't see the least bit stressed by it and seemed to really enjoy it.  I managed to get some baby fuzz off her and ran my hands down all of her legs and under her belly.  She stood rock still for all of it.  But what she REALLY loves is to have her butt scratched.  She kept backing into me to have me continue to scratch.  I'm creating a monster here, I do believe.  :-)


I tried to brush Glad, but she bolted off when I placed the rubber brush on her.  I'll put a lead on her next time and we will give her a go.  I did manage to hold her by her halter and rub all over her face, down her neck and scratch her withers... talking softly to her the entire time.  She let me blow gently into her nostrils and that seemed to be ok. 


I think that they are both going to be very sweet additions to the equine herd at Chez Tiemann.  I plan on going back out a couple of time next week to "play" with them again. 

I also found THIS in the barn.....  I hated to leave without him.  <sigh>


Beethoven has a huge piece of my heart now. 


No comments:

Post a Comment