Last night I decided that I really had to start working with Sienna more. She's feeling better and becoming more of an assertive and pushy little girl. I got her haltered and started leading her down the drive, doing walk/halt/back every few feet. She was actually pretty good about it. A couple of times she decided that she was going to try to barge through and past me. This was met with a sharp tug on the halter and a firm whoa! She is very intelligent and picked up quickly that she was not going to be allowed to get away from me.
We then moved onto working with her picking up her feet. She's been running through Jerry when he tries to hold her for me while I pick up her feet. I thought I'd try to put her on one side of the hitching post and Jerry holding her on the other side. This worked out fairly well. She quickly learned that she could not shoot forward and through Jerry. We are still trying to get her to hold her feet up for more than a few seconds, but that will come with time.
No comments:
Post a Comment